Hey lovelies! Today we will be a bit candid than usual about some things. I know it’s going to hurt a little bit but let’s call a spade, a spade, a big spoon, is a big spoon and a “jembe” is still a “jembe”.
It’s unfortunate that when we want to get married, we suddenly get wiser.
We know everything, we see everything, we are the masters of this bull and we suddenly want to ride it’s back.
We suddenly are wiser than our parents, getting counsel is a bother, and those who try to give us incite become ‘enemies’.
I love the book of Proverbs. It has unfathomable wisdom that I can never get from elsewhere.
The bible in the book of Proverbs, talks about King Solomon’s mother, calling him in his pet name, Lemuel. She asks him to heed instructions, to listen, to court wisdom, and tie it around his waist.
I love Proverbs 6:20 which says, “My child, guard the commands of your father and do not forsake the instructions of your mother.”
I remember when I was younger, sometimes I used to feel like dad is just too much!
I know I would have written a law book in that house! Mam too! She being the ever supportive and loving wife to dad, she would back him up till the end. We had no way of separating them. Dad’s word was categorical and mam gave clear instructions of what to do or not to do.
Their house wasn’t a playground!
One thing am especially grateful for is categorically stating that no MAN OR WOMAN will and should step in his compound save for the man who will marry me or the woman my brother will marry.
I found it harsh then, considering that all my friends used to take their guys home. In most homes, that was common. In Mr. Mwangi’s home, that was unheard of.
Well, years down I brought someone home, who is my hubby now, and I so don’t regret any bit of it. It was tough but am glad I heed to their instructions. The proud look of my parents, on their faces on my wedding day was priceless.
It’s so unfortunate that most of us, after getting our IDs’ we suddenly grow up and do not need our parents. We push them away, and their concern for us feels as if they are meddling.
You are so madly in love with this woman and you can’t see past her lipstick, and she is so into you she can’t see past your six packs!
There is a saying in Kikuyu, which says, “Kanyoni kabariti keminagira njoya “. Direct translation, “The little bird that flaps its wings too much will end up spoiling them instead.”
You must crawl before you walk. You cannot just suddenly be wise. You must listen and listen keenly to them that give you wise counsel.
The 3G/4G woman has two main characteristics that the Bible talks about.
Trust me it matters the person you get married to. You get married to a ‘Delilah’, your strength will be stripped off, leave you naked, sell you off, and move on as if nothing happened.
You get married to a ‘Jezebel’, you will find yourself with a manipulative and conniving woman.
Sin with ‘Potiphar’s wife’ and your divine destiny will be aborted
- A ‘Delilah’ is mostly after people who are unique and favored of the Lord. She knows how to seduce them and woe unto you man of God if you fall into her trap. She is after the cream of the ministry because she knows when “A shepherd is hit, the sheep will scatter”. She will remove you from the place God intends you to be for His glory, to a place of her own. If you do not spend time in prayer, her wits will outdo you, and you will be beguiled by her charm.
- She will wear the longest dress in church, carry a bible, pray and even crawl on the floor. She will put up a performance and a show for you, just to get you to turn your head to her direction. Am not saying that those women who do that in church are “her”. No, and that’s why it calls for God’s wisdom and discernment on you as a man, to see the red flags before she shaves you off.
- She is a woman who cannot control her desires. She won’t mind being a home wrecker.
- She is materialistic. The idea of starting from ground zero up never makes sense to her.
- With her charming nature, likeable qualities, and seductive self. You might fall for a ‘Delilah’, thinking she is an ‘Abigail’. It takes a man of wisdom and character to see past the show she is putting up. Sometimes it takes you to literally flee from a tempting situation.
- She is not interested in building you as a man. She will sell your ‘secrets’ off for silver.
- Her persistence is almost genius, in seclusion she thrives.
For such a woman, her work is to take all your power and might, strip you off your strength, tear down your ego, take you from glory to ashes.
She will make you lose your faith in God, overturn your priorities, change your direction and vision, and imprison you through your vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
At the end of the day, the Lord restores, but she will leave emotional scars on you forever. They say a man who has mastered self-control can be a master of anything in the world. Master selfcontrol and you will win against ‘Delilah.’
Beauty is vain, charm is most certainly deceitful but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.